Lectures & Exersises: Winter term 2020
Timetable: UFV/TKL1/99, lectures, Monday 08:55, distant due COVID-19 (bbb link), exercises, Tuesday 08:55, distant due COVID-19
- Structure of condensed matter.
- Electrons in periodic lattice and methods of calculating their energy (nearly free electron approximation, tight-binding method, k.p approximation. Localized states of electrons.
- Quantum theory of lattice vibrations. Phonons.
- Interacting electron gas.
- Optics in solids.
- Magnetism in solids. Magnons.
- Electron-phonon interaction. Superconductivity. Cooper pairs. BCS theory.
N. W. Ashcroft, N. D. Mermin, Solid State Physics, Harcourt College Publisher 1976
S. H. Simon, The Oxford Solid State Basics, Oxford University Press 2013
M. P. Marder, Condensed Matter Physics, Wiley 2010
J. B. Ketterson, The Physics of Solids, Oxford University Press 2016
J. Sólyom, Fundamentals of the Physics of Solids, Volume 2 – Electronic Properties, Springer 2009
E. N. Economou, The Physics of Solids, Springer 2010
S. M. Girvin, K. Yang, Modern Condensed Matter Physics, Cambridge University Press 2019
Homeworks & Supporting materials: check webdisk