Address: Park Angelinum 9, 04001 Košice
Phone: +421 55 234 2524
Academic titles and degrees:
- 1990 - RNDr.
- 2000 - PhD.
- 2010 – Assoc. Prof.
- 1990 – Defense of the master thesis and obtaining the title RNDr. at the Faculty of Science UPJŠ (master thesis: Crystal lattice potential)
- 1990 – 1991 Institute of Materials and Machine Mechanics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Košice (research in the field of nonlinear mechanical systems)
- 1991 – 1998 Technical University of Košice (teaching of various mathematical subjects, research in the field of phase transitions in spin systems)
- 1996 – 1997 research stay at Department of Applied Quantum Physics, Kyushu University, Japan (study and research in the field of statistical physics and the theory of phase transitions in spin systems)
- 1997 – 2000 PhD study at Department of Applied Quantum Physics, Kyushu University, Japan (study and research in the field of statistical physics and the theory of phase transitions in spin systems)
- 2000 – Defense of dissertation in the field of Applied Physics at Department of Applied Quantum Physics, Kyushu University, Japan (PhD thesis: Critical and tricritical properties of a diluted Ising metamagnet in an external magnetic field)
- 2001 – 2002 Kyushu University, Department of Applied Quantum Physics, Japan (research in the field of computer modeling and simulations of frustrated spin systems)
- 2002 – 2005 Yazaki Slovakia spol. s.r.o. (manager of the engineering and maintenance department)
- 2006 – 2008 Technical University of Crete, Greece (interdisciplinary research in the application of statistical physics models in geostatistics and environmental applications)
- Since 2009 Faculty of Science UPJŠ (teaching of various physical subjects and research in mixed and frustrated spin systems, modeling of random fields and random processes, geostatistical and econophysical applications of statistical physics models)
- 2010 Habilitation in the field of Physics at Faculty of Science UPJŠ (habilitation thesis: Classical Spin Models in Statistical Physics and Spatial Statistics: a Monte Carlo Approach)
- Numerical Methods
- Computational Physics I, II
Monographs and textbooks:
- M. Žukovič, Solved problems in mathematical physics (online version in Slovak), Košice 2009, 266 pages.
- Frustrated spin systems
- Spin systems with mixed spins
- Space-time random fields modeling
- Applications of statistical physics models in geostatistics
- Econophysical analysis of financial time series
- M. Žukovič and A. Bobák, Phase diagrams and tricritical behaviour of a diluted Ising metamagnet in an external field, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 170 (1997) 49-56.
- M.Žukovič and T.Idogaki, Monte Carlo investigation of the tricritical point stability in a three-dimensional Ising metamagnet, Phys. Rev. B61(2000) 50-53.
- M. Žukovič, T. Idogaki and K. Takeda, Chiral universality class behavior of a nonchiral antiferroquadrupole system, Phys. Rev. B 63 (2001) 172412-1-1712412-4.
- M. Žukovič, T. Idogaki and K. Takeda, Histogram Monte Carlo simulation of the geometrically frustrated XY antiferromagnet with biquadratic exchange, Phys. Rev. B 65 (2002) 144410-1-144410-8.
- M. Žukovič and D.T. Hristopulos, Environmental time series interpolation based on Spartan random processes, Atmospheric Environment 42 (2008) 7669-7678.
- M. Žukovič and D.T. Hristopulos, Classification of missing values in spatial data using spin models, Phys. Rev. E 80 (2009) 011116-1 – 011116-23.
- M. Žukovič and D.T. Hristopulos, Multilevel discretized random field models with spin correlations for the simulation of environmental spatial data, Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment 1742-5468 (2009) P02023.
- M. Žukovič and D.T. Hristopulos, The method of normalized correlations: a fast parameter estimation method for random processes and isotropic random fields that focuses on short-range dependence, Technometrics 51 (2009) 173-185.
- M. Žukovič and A. Bobák, Critical and compensation phenomena in a mixed-spin ternary alloy: A Monte Carlo study, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 322 (2010) 2868-2873.
- M. Žukovič, M. Borovský and A. Bobák, Phase diagram of a diluted triangular lattice Ising antiferromegnet in a field, Physics Letters A 374 (2010) 4260-4264.
- D.T. Hristopulos, M, Žukovič, Relationships between correlation lengths and integral scales for covariance models with more than two parameters, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment 25 (2011) 11-19.
- M. Žukovič, Dynamics of episodic transient correlations in currency exchange rate returns and their predictability, Central European Journal of Physics 10 (2012) 615-624.
- Marie-Curie Transfer of Knowledge, European Community’s 6FP, MTKD-CT-2004-014135, “Development of Spartan spatial random field models for geostatistical applications”, 2006-2008, spoluriešiteľ projektu.
- The multi-partner European Specific Targeted Research Project (STREP) “Interoperability and Mapping (INTAMAP)”, 2008-2009, spoluriešiteľ projektu.
- VEGA 1/0431/10 “A study of quantum and cooperative phenomena in geometrically frustrated spin models”, 2010-2011, investigator.
- VEGA 1/0234/12 “Frustrated spin systems”, 2012-2015, investigator.